Sunday, January 13, 2008

Dec 28 plane 4

I was quite surprised at how quick customs was -- we picked up our luggage, before that they checked our passports/visa entry stamped us in and our luggage was re-x-rayed and carry-ons re-scanned and the checked luggage went off. No hand search of anything or comparing to anything. That seems really odd. Maybe those super-xray things check for all sorts of stuff. Maybe they have drug-sniffing dogs? Maybe they don't care about smuggling any more. I wasn't going to say any of this out loud there, but I am quite surprised.

We got home safely. Arrived in Tampa about 12:30am. Justin got a cab back to his apartment and the shuttle van picked me up and I was home by 0230. My throat started getting sore in Dulles, and I ended up sick for two weeks with a head cold. Very bad.

The end.