This is an example of the many little shops we passed. Things have changed in 30 years.Boy, you can see how the volume of my writing changed. I'm up at 0530 this morning. One big wrinkle into this trip has been money. Next trip get an account at a major bank. The ATMs are working for everyone else, but have totally denied my cards. I think it is because I use a credit union.
Last night supper, we were almost the only people in the hotel restaurant. The servers were lal over keeping glasses full and all. I think there were 4 servers for just our group of 16. There was a keyboard player and Otto sang karaoke. He was actually pretty good -- sang for quite a while. As the boys noted, he's working hard for his tip. Actually he's a decent tour guide -- does point out stuff along the way, gave a -long- discussion about current Thai politics (because they are doing elections on the 23rd). He's quite the royalist, even his ringtone is crowds at Lumpini Park shouting for the king.
I slept okay last night but woke up with a headache.