
I am surprised at how much I see that is the same -- my eyes can catch all kinds of stuff. The roadside markets/food stalls. The school uniforms are identical to 30 years ago. The roadside salas to wait for the bus are the same. Many old houses -- old-style teak and old style bamboo. Store fronts with the doors all folding back. I saw a few samlors --> the guide said they are fading though. He said the traditional desserts are going away too, in favor of western sweets and candies. It is sad.
Speaking of sad, the floating market is VERY sad
. Most of it is on land now. Gawky people all over. Not real commerce. Micah had a funny situation happen where this old lady tried to sell him Tiger Balm by putting it on his head and ribbing his neck. I told her we didn't want any, but she persisted. Then she got mad when he walked away. Served her right. Highlight of the floating market was buying lamoots. Yum -- they were tasty. The boys weren't that impressed, but I liked them.When we got to the resotel (that's the name of the resort-hotel we are staying at) I was really tired and with a blinding headache. I showered, ate supper and by 8:30 went to bed.