Thursday, January 3, 2008

Dec 15th BKK con't


Supper is at 7, so I will go up in a bit. The restaurant is a revolving one on the 25th floor of the hotel.

Today we rode a taxi-boat to a temple and climbed a pagoda. We went on to lunch in an old-style Thai house. Then we went to the Royal Barge museum, again by boat. Finally back to the hotel where we walked through some teeny back streets teeming with stuff for sale. There were many stores selling zillions of plastic bags (for example) for every kind of shopping.

The boys are having a blast. I am so glad. They are loving the food and ar thinking the scenery is cool. They are both open and interacting with Thai people and our tour companions.
___________________________________________
I was too tired to write much last night -- totally jet-lagged and feeling a bit sick to my stomach actually. The Thai style house was very cool -- very old school and picturesque with a pond and lotus flowers and orchids everywhere. The weather is warm -- like a FL summer, but the river boats had a cool breeze. We had supper in a very elegant rotating restaurant overlooking the city skyline.

I watched some news on the local channel -- not understanding more than 50% of what they were saying though - enough to get the gist, but they talk FAST!