Thursday, January 10, 2008

Dec 27 Bkk 2

We went, and saw the Emerald Buddha (you can't take pictures of it -- not dignified -- I remember that from before too). It was pretty cool to see it though, and the grounds are just amazing, of course. Took lots of pix of the grounds and thing around it, the royal palaces and so forth. This excursion didn't take all that long though - we left at 8am and were back by 11:15 or so.

Micah is napping and Justin went to the little mall that is attached to the hotel. Chinatown in Bangkok is not my favorite place. I think I could walk around and find more fun stuff, but I'm not sure. Every day I learn (remember, really) new words. My word for this morning was puan, for a little dirty, smudged. Sokaphrok means very dirty (had to confirm that one with Otto) but puan is just a little stuff on whatever. I had noticed one of the coffee cups at breakfast had a spot and gave it to one of the servers, and he used the word.

I also noticed a decal in the back window of a lot of taxis that said "Rak (heart) Nai Luang" in Thai script, and had to ask Otto who Nai Luang was. It is the King - oops -- another new word....